Saturday, October 26, 2013

Hair care!!!! Beautiful hair made easy









 Hair care has always been very important to me. Since I was a little girl and my dad insisted his daughters hair be as close to perfect as it could get. I don't remember a day that me and my sisters didn't have our hair up, in braids, in buns and he always had us wait a day or two to wash it. I was the rebel, the baby of the family. I'd sit and let my mom or sisters do up my hair, but as soon as I was out of sight the hair came loose and I was free lol :) .To this day I still prefer a head of unruly curls to a perfectly coifed hair do and I'm not very nice to my hair while I'm styling it; which is why I have to be on top of the hair care side and pamper it when I do deep condition and wash it.

I use my curling iron and flat iron daily, with all kinds of hair products meant to hold in that curl or keep my hair straight and shiny. I do use a heat protectant, but they only protect so much. So on to the care.....About four times a month I deep condition my hair with only one product ( I like to keep it simple and inexpensive). My dad always had us use olive oil, I've now moved on to unrefined coconut oil. I apply it generously (see picture above) to dry hair. Depending on how much time I have I'll leave it on anywhere from a few hours to over night. If I do sleep with it in I cover my pillow with a zip on case I use just for this purpose to protect my bedding.

I am careful in choosing the shampoo's and conditioners I use on my hair as well. I always go for the sulfate free, paraben free most natural shampoo I can find. I change what I use about every six months and I do use a clarifying shampoo once a month to help remove product build up. Right now I'm using a product I was sent via Birch box, Beauty Protector shampoo and conditioner. These two products are hands down my favorite. The best I've used to date and I've used a ton of different products!!! They are a bit pricey for the amount you get, but I only wash my hair every three days and you don't need a whole lot of product to clean your hair so they last me quite a while.

Beauty Protect shampoo and conditioner is available exclusively through Birchbox.com at 21.95 per 8 oz bottle. The scent is fabulous, like sugary snickerdoodle cookies. The unrefined coconut oil can be purchased at just about any health food store or grocery store, just make sure it's virgin unrefined.

Beautiful shiny hair doesn't have to cost a fortune to achieve and it doesn't have to take a lot of time. Just a few products and a few hours a month is all you need.

I hope this was helpful and you try out the coconut oil, it really does work well.

Be kind to yourself, take time each day for yourself, make someone smile.....Life is a gift, open it!!! Live it!!!

Smokey
 
 
 


No comments: