Saturday, November 9, 2013

 


Novembers Blush Mystery Box promised a value of over $250 dollars!! I received mine last night and I'm a little on the fence about the products included in this months box. I've always loved Blush, I've never been disappointed in any box I've received, but they seem to have missed with a few items this time around. I'll get to those at the end of my post, but first the products I did LOVE!!


I love my SPF products!! I use them all year round. The sun does damage no matter what season it is, so I was thrilled to receive this full size SPF 30 pur lisse daily moisturizer in my box. It combines Vitamin and soy proteins to smooth your skin and white tea to soothe your skin and combat free radicals. Retail value is $55 dollars for 1.7.

Available here http://www.dermstore.com/profile_Pur-lisse_500757.htm




Elizabeth Arden mascara, I'm really happy to have gotten this. I've never tried any Elizabeth Arden products and I do love mascara's. I probably own 20 different brands (my favorite being They're Real), but I always like to try new ones. This is a full size, volumnizing and lengthening mascara. It retails for $19.50.

Smart Lash eyelash enhancer was the high value item in this months box, retailing at $125.00. This is an eye lash treatment that promises to thicken and lengthen your lashes (results typical after independent study of 60 days of twice daily application). I am happy to have received this, but I'm not sure I need it. It has stellar reviews and it does often go on sale for $29.95 on Dermstore.com.

Paula's Choice Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum (wow, that's a long name) is a brand that's been advertised heavily in the last few months. This is an ultra concentrate potent antioxidant serum ideal for oily and combination skin. It retails for $30 for 1 oz. This is .17 oz so I'm guessing the value to be at about $7.
 
Anastasia Beverly Hills mini Hydrafull gloss in sorbet is a beautiful color, the sample size is very small, but I think it's adorable and I'm looking forward to using this one. I'm not really sure about the value of this item, I'm guessing at maybe $5 because of the small size. The full size retails for $18.
 

 
These last two items are the ones I'm not really happy with, even though I knew we were getting the cargo eye pencil. The Nick Chavez Horsetail root lifting spray has such an awful smell that there's no way I'm going to use this on my hair. It's a mix between alcohol and something "dirty". It got mixed reviews. People are saying it works wonderfully IF you can get past the smell. I wont be able to. It retails for $9 dollars for a 2 oz bottle.
 
The Cargo High Pigment eye pencil in brown. I was really excited to get this in my blush box this month. I love Cargo products and I own one of these pencils already in black and I love it. I'm upset over the fact that blush made this their "sneak peak" and featured item in this months box, but when I went to look up reviews and the price for this on Cargo's website I discovered this item is a discontinued item. I will still use it and love it, but I have a problem when a sub box puts something in as their featured item and you can't even purchase it off the companies website :( Big disappointment there!!!
 
In all, I really did like this months box despite the disappointment. I didn't get the value of over $250 dollars, unless I'm under valuing some of the smaller items. I came up with a total value of $236 dollars. Still an awesome deal considering subscribers pay $24.95 monthly and a one time purchase of this box is $34.95.
 
Thanks for reading!!!
 
Life is a gift, Open it and live it beautifully!!
 
Nancy
 
 

1 comment:

Neha_karna said...

Your post is really nice and informative! Please check out my blog Cluster Eyelash Extensions.