Saturday, November 23, 2013

Julep Diamond Mystery Box November

I'm fairly new to being a maven with Julep, having just signed up in early October. I haven't chosen to receive either monthly box yet, choosing instead to go for the mystery boxes. I received this one about a week ago and I wanted to wait to do the review until I had a chance to try a few of the polishes. I did do an unboxing video https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgxCy6YhsBuyQu98NwbQvEQ.

This is a "picture unboxing" and a review of some of the products I tried.... :)




First up are Candace, a golden shimmer. Marion, a teal shimmer and Kristy, a glossy black. I only tried Marion and I was happy with the application and dry time. I used it over juleps base coat and it was really pretty on. My goal was to try all of the polishes, so the next day I went to remove this one and I was really not happy at all. The Marion had stained not only my nails, but it stained my skin as well when I was removing it. I ended up having to rub lemon juice all over my hands to remove it. I wont be using this color again. *note...it stained through the base coat. I haven't tried the Candace yet, but I did try Kristy and it wasn't as glossy as I'd hoped it would be. It was still nice and I'll use it as a base for other polishes, glitters and holo toppers.

These two are really pretty, The reddish color is Claudette and that will actually be going as a gift so I wont be trying it. The really light pink is named Gemma and I'll be saving this for spring when I start using brighter colors and neon's. It's very, very light pink, almost white.


These are the two glitters they were teasing us with for the Diamond box, one is pink and is named Antonia and the blue is named Geo. Both are amazingly beautiful and I found them to go on pretty smooth. I didn't think about it until just now, but I'll probably go ahead and try them both out layered over the lightest pink one, the Gemma!!! I really think they'd look fantastic!!


The only item I'm really happy with here is the pink body frosting. It is AMAZING. Simply amazing. It smells divine, it's creamy and thick and it goes on so smooth. It just sinks right in and doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy or sticky. It's more of a spring type scent, but I'm likely to just use it right through the winter months. The little eye lash curler had me a bit confused. It seemed really out of place in this box. There was no eye make up at all. It just felt like a random item they threw in as an after thought. I tried putting it up to my eye and couldn't even get close. It's really an uncomfortable feeling having that black base block the entire eye area. The scrub mitt I haven't tried yet. It's very thin and feels cheaply made. I had already purchased one with a previous mystery box and wasn't impressed with it then either.

In all, I am happy with the amount of polish we received in our mystery box, the body frosting is amazing. There were some polishes that are definite losers. I wont even pass the Marion on to my daughter as it just stains :( I don't mean to sound negative. I just want to give an honest review of these products and most of the time I hear only rave reviews. I just haven't had as much luck I guess with the julep polishes. At full price they're too costly for what you get.

I think I'm going to be sticking with mostly indie brands like Above the Curve which I love.

The total value of the box was just at $120 dollars if you paid full price for everything in it. As mavens we never have to pay full price so I think the value is more like $80. It's still a great value. I paid $19.99 for this box. Seven polishes (four of which I might use) The body frosting will definitely get used. The mitt??? eh. The eye lash curler, nope.

You can become a maven by going to http://www.julep.com/ your first box will be free with the code FREEBOX. They send you an email reminder monthly to check your maven box to see if you'd like to receive it that month. It's 19.99 a month and you can add items on to make it a better value. If you love julep polishes this would be a great deal for you!!!!

Thanks for reading!!!

Life is a gift!! Open it and live it Beautifully <3

Nancy
 
 
 




No comments: